A primary objective of the National Writing Project is to develop an affiliate within reach of every teacher in the nation. Here in Illinois, six NWP sites offer activities aimed at supporting K-16 teachers and students. Each NWP site is anchored in a post-secondary institution and offers an annual Summer Invitational Institute, a graduate course that serves as a gateway to continuity and inservice programming. If you are located beyond the service area of the ISWP, we encourage you to contact an affiliate near you.
- Illinois State Writing Project, Illinois State University
- University of Illinois Writing Project, University of Illinois
- Chicago Area Writing Project, University of Illinois
- Eastern Illinois Writing Project, Eastern Illinois University
- Illinois Writing Project, National-Louis University
- Piasa Bluffs Writing Project, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville